Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

So, I was hoping to get a chapter written for everyone and post it on Thanksgiving, but it didn't happen, although I did get a lot done on it.  In lieu of the chapter post, I've decided to post a short teaser here.

Edward and I had a nice quiet Thanksgiving at home alone, in case anyone is wondering.  We did have a random conversation about how the court hearing was going to go and we've come to a standstill in deciding that, which is why the chapter isn't finished yet. 

Enjoy the teaser!

Everyone stilled and stood all around us while the judge gave a little speech about how much he enjoyed performing weddings. It was the best part of his job, he said, because most other parts of his job were sad and tragic, but performing a marriage was a joyous time for him. He kept it short, but talked to us a bit about the commitment that a marriage was going to be. Edward held my hand and smiled at me the whole time.

It finally came time for the vows and we turned to each other, joined hands, and repeated the vows to each other while staring into each other’s eyes. I couldn’t help the two renegade teardrops that spilled out of my eyes when Edward said his vows to me. I also couldn’t help the three or four more traitorous teardrops that came when I repeated my vows to Edward.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I LOVE your judge!! As long as he doesn't break into the "circle of love" speech than it is good. Next yr I am spending Turkey day at your house, you have been warned!! :)

    ReplyDelete